Placenta Remedies and Recipes
How to make a Homeopathic placental remedy
Homeopathics, like essences, are remedies that heal on a vibrational, energetic level. Making a homeopathic placenta remedy can be used as your child’s constitutional remedy for life since it was their life-giving source for their time in-utero. It contains the blue print of his/her energetic make-up and hence, the amazing ability to bring balance and illicit healing from within when illness, disease, emotional challenges, or difficult life transitions arise. Here is a link to how you can make your own Homeopathic Placental Remedy: http://www.moonsong.com.au/placental-remedy
Homeopathic remedies can be made from your tincture, but I would suggest finding a good homeopath if you are not confident in making your own. You can find a list of homeopaths on The Natural Therapies website http://www.naturaltherapypages.co.nz
Raw Placental Smoothie
Offering new mothers the opportunity to enjoy their placenta as nature intended, raw immediately or in the early days following birth. The raw placenta smoothie contains only berries, banana and water with 2-3 tbsp of fresh raw placenta. This smoothie recipe is simple yet delicious and completely disguises any taste of placenta.
This recipe gives a new mother an enjoyable post-birth revitalising fruit drink packed with her body’s own uniquely designed healing nutrients AND IT TASTES GREAT!
approximately 3 inch round piece of raw placenta
1 organic banana
1 punnet of organic berries (raspberries, blackberries or strawberries)
(optional) Small handful of rehydrated goji berries (soak berries for 5 minutes in boiled water, then drain) GREAT FOR BOOSTING IMMUNE SYSTEMS WEAKENED BY A MORE DIFFICULT OR LONG LABOUR AND AFTER INTERVENSION OR C-SECTION BIRTHS
Blend fruits and add 50-150ml of water until smoothie is a drinkable consistency – serve immediately and should be consumed within 1 hour.
How to make a Placenta Essence
A placenta Essence can be used during times of transition, illness, stress, emotional upheaval or hormonal imbalance.
1. A section of the raw placenta is tinctured in distilled water, not deionised water.
2. Steep (allow rest) for about 4 hours in a well sun-lit room.
3. The placenta is strained off using cotton wool or clean and unbleached coffee filter and a funnel into a clean amber glass bottle.
4. To the strained fluid add enough drinking alcohol (vodka or brandy) to create half alcohol/half placenta water.
5. This creates a long-lasting, pure placenta “mother” essence with a variety of uses.
6. Store large amount in a bottle in a cool, dark place, keep a small amount in a dropper bottle for everyday use.
Dosage: Suggested dosage is 1-4 drops in water. Store in a cool dry place, placenta essence should last indefinitely.